Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving and Fall leaves cards - 2 versions


This week I made some Thanksgiving cards with fall leaves on them - I used the little leaves and swirls Stampin' Up diecuts, and the square lattice embossing folder - The cute pumpkin is from the Paisley Prints and was really easy to do. 
First I stamped the pumpkin with Versamark, then I used my new Stampin' Up pastels on it....I dabbed the cajun craze on the left side of the pumpkin, then the always artichoke in the middle and on the stem, then the more mustard on the right side of the pumpkin to highlight it, and dabbed a bit of the more mustard in the middle and left side.  It gives the pumpkin a really nice soft look.   Oh and I used the eraser to get rid of the chalk around the pumpkin that wasn't suppose to be there....


Supplies used: Cajun craze, chocolate chip, always artichoke, more mustard, very vanilla, and crumb cake cardstokes; linen thread, always artichoke to edge the greeting, God's Blessing was stamped with chocolate chip, and the pumpkin on the envelope was stamped in cajun craze. I cased this design from the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini-Catalog (p. 14). The two-way glue pen worked really well for glueing all these little leaves and swirls - I can't imagine using anything else that would stick as well without tearing the designs. 

Can you see the difference between these 2 cards?  One has an extra set of cajun craze leaves - I wasn't sure I wanted to put it in there or not, so I left them loose on one (so the recipient could take it out and use it elsewhere if they wanted, etc.) and I adhered the other cajun craze little leaves inside the card.  Which one do you prefer?

What are your Thanksgiving plans?  We are going to a Thanksgiving buffet in our community - our first time....sure hope there is pumpkin pie, stuffing, and mashed potatoes!! 
Glad you could stop by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment