Friday, September 14, 2012

Cards for Sept monthly class



Here is a closeup of the cards we did in class this past weekend - I just love Stampin Up's Hello Doily stamp.  And since the In Color ribbons are on special this month, I used the midnight muse satin stitched ribbon on this card.  You can get a free roll of this beautiful ribbon with every $40 on your Stampin Up order!
 
 
The card uses the faux watercoloring technique where you scribble your markers on an acrylic block, mist them with water, then press it down on your paper.  I played with this technique on different papers and it looks great on watercoloring paper but the stamp doesn't show up well unless you use Stazon - mine was all dried up and I had no refills, ugh.  So I used very vanilla and just lightly pressed the block on the paper.  When I pressed hard, it smooshed all the colors together so it looked like a "wash" and you couldn't see any of the scribbles and there wasn't much "white space."  I had just bought the new cotton ribbon and used it on the card - I just love it!  Everyone had fun with this and made great cards! 
 
 
I cased this card from the catalog but added more flowers; wasn't sure I liked that so made another one with white space that the ladies could make....they had a choice of which card they could make....they all choose this one, as well as my husband.  We did stamping off on this card and I forgot to take a picture of the alternative card lol.
 
 
I got out my fall and halloween decorations and put them out...I have a little collection of different colored pumpkins and pumpkins that light up.
 
 
 
I put halloween cards in the Stampin Up tree that is a cardholder - I'm surprised by how many cards you can put on it. 
 
While everyone worked on their cards, I made up some pretty little boxes from the Stampin Up little box diecut that is retired - put a flower on them and gave one to each lady.  Here are some of the cards made by the class:
 
 Cute little flowers punched out of matching paper and pearls added to them...
 
 Matching paper put behind the corner punch...
 
 
Stamping on the inside of the card and envelope to match...
 
 
Next month's card classes will be Oct. 14th and Oct. 15th.
What colors of the stitched satin ribbon will you choose with your $40 Stampin Up order this month??

No comments:

Post a Comment