Saturday, September 22, 2012

Coredinations, Halloween, and pinwheel cards


 
Here are 3 cards we will be making in my neighborhood stamping club next week.  I used both current and retired Stampin Up products.
 
 
One of the ladies wanted to make a fall card and a Halloween card.  I used the new Stampin Up coredinations paper for the leaves.  After they were embossed and sanded, I used two different colors of inkpads on them.  What is really great about the retired Stampin Up designer paper is that it also coordinates with a lot of the current Stampin Up colors! 



I used a retired window sheet with polka dots on it over the chevron embossed card on the Halloween card.  When I went to use my black Stazon inkpad to stamp the Halloween cat, owl, and Boo, my inkpad had dried up and I had no refill.  So I tried the white Stazon...


I think the card looks even better with the white than the black would have - it not only matches the designer paper for the flags, it gives it an eerie feeling to it, perfect for Halloween!


The satin striped ribbon is gray and black, a current Stampin Up item, and I put the new googly eyes in the Boo.  I can't get over how much I am enjoying making Halloween cards now - I was one of those practical people who didn't want to spend the $$ on many seasonal stuff (other than Christmas).  But now I am having fun with the different holidays and seasons doing Stampin Up lol.


The last card is a retired Stampin Up designer paper with pinwheels and pacific point ribbon.  The greeting and framelit I used for it are current.  I love how the framelits make the greetings look fancy and special!!
 
 
I found out that my recently purchased digital camera's photos come out as really big files when I transfer them to my computer....so been using a Microsoft program to compress them to take up less space.  But I see it also makes the pictures a little less clear....I am continuing to learn how to use my camera to get the best pictures of my projects - wonder how long it will take with the trial and error method I'm using??!!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice mix of cards! I love the Halloween one (of course!). The window sheet and Chevron, along with that darn cute cat and pennants look terrific. Thanks for adding your card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Halloween banner card! and I spy a clear window sheet on top, right? TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete