Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sneak Peek and something sweet - a quick tip


 

I participated in a couple Stampin' Up demonstrator parties recently and also exchanged swaps with products from the upcoming Stampin' Up Occasions catalog on January 4th...(you can do fun events like these if you join Stampin' Up with me! http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/marynoble/).  

I used a stamp set called Cool Treats and it was a yummy set!!  Here is my card:

This stamp set reminded me of when my sister and I were young and the ice cream truck would come around and of course, as soon as we heard the truck's music coming, we would immediately ask our mom if we could buy some ice cream!  She would let us get one of those double popsicles so we could share it (naturally we each wanted to have one whole one for ourselves)....And that was my inspiration for my card.  My fave flavors from that ice cream truck were the white 7up, yellow banana, and brown root beer.  Cool treats stamp set that will be available in the 2017 Occasions catalog also has a matching framelits to cut out each of the stamps - which means less fussy cutting and much faster!


The papers I used for my card were from the upcoming Occasions (the green polka dots and popsicles) and the hot pink is from the current Pop of Pink Stampin' Up designer papers  (Pop of Pink is currently on sale!  And there is matching washi tape too; check it out in my online store http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/marynoble/).  The "COOL" is done in cherry cobbler. 
 



Year-End Closeouts



These colors I got from the Color Throwdown challenge #423 and the "sweet" theme is from the Cards in Envy challenge.

 
 http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2016/12/color-throwdown-countdown-423.html
(CTD423)

    Share Our Badge! 
 http://cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/2016/12/wouldnt-that-be-sweet-card-challenge.html

Here is a quick tip for you to trim the end of the paper strip/tag (called a "tail" or "fishtail")  Use a Square Punch to fish tail the end; not only will they be nice and even, they will be fast!

 
 Hope you are doing well with your holiday plans and events!  I am counting down the days so I can get my holiday stuff done lol!!

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/marynoble/

4 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love the colors and the sweet treats of ice cream! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to LOVE the ice cream truck!! So did my daughters! Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing sneak peeks of the new SU products! What a sweet card and a great take on the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet take on the colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete